Beachy corporate retreats & team incentive trips in sunny Algarve with watersports, wellness & exploring!
West Algarve offers picturesque secluded beaches, a rugged coastline, historical seaside villages like Arrifana and Sagres, along with the lively harbour town of Lagos. If you’re after an active corporate retreat in Portugal with reliable sunny weather, quality beach-chic style accommodation, a range of fun outdoor activities and wellness, then Algarve on the south-west coast of Portugal will tick all the boxes!
Picture starting your days with beach yoga followed by a team surf, and an afternoon enjoying a private sailing trip having an absolute blast together – we have so many fantastic itineraries that we can create for you with beginner-friendly activities & scenic exploring in mind. We also have the perfect group-friendly accommodations on offer – such as villas & hotels, as well as the opportunity to exclusively hire a traditional village! Our services also cover local transfers, food & drinks and your important meetings & events covered if you need it. We tailor everything to your team’s needs, pulling in our expert knowledge and local partnerships to deliver the perfect team building getaway in West Algarve. When you’re ready please contact us via the quote button, the website chat or call us today.
Aljezur & Lagos areas
Large team sizes welcome
Beginner to advanced lessons
Who doesn’t love the idea of having fun surfing in the beautiful Portuguese seas? Algarve is not only blessed with around 300 days of sunshine, but it is also an awesome surf destination with a variety of breaks perfect for a fun outdoor team building activity. A popular option for our Algarve retreats for good reason!
- Half and full day lessons, or let’s build you a corporate surf camp retreat!
- Lessons last typically 2-3 hours with around 1.5 – 2 hours water time
- Experienced local team, professional licensed instructors with a fun vibe – we want you to catch waves!
- Surf boards and wetsuits included
- Goes well with a beach yoga session
- Why not add on a mountain biking activity or a coastal hike with sunset wine and treats?
- Looking for some team competition? Why not set up a surf competition? Contact us for some fun ideas!
Sailing & Boat Trips
Private Catamaran Tours
Small to Large Boats
How about team bonding on a large catamaran boat with a cold drink in your hand after enjoying some fun splashing about in the clear blue sea? Our sailing tours are the perfect addition to any corporate retreat in west Algarve. The coastline here is so beautiful with its unique rock formations, taking it all in on a private boat tour with your comrades offers a fantastic experience together.
- Variety of catamaran sizes holding from 8 people up to 80
- Food & drinks available on board incl. alcohol
- Stop for swimming and water games + some paddleboarding
- Take in the picturesque Algarve grottos and coastline
- Speedboat RHIB tours available
- 1/2 day tours morning or afternoon from Lagos
The Beautiful Rota Vicentina
Sunset Finish With Wine and Food
Quality 1/2 Day or Full day Tours
The Rota Vicentina provides a world-class hiking route that starts in Alentenjo and follows this stunning coastline all the way down to Lagos. We tend to stick with the Fisherman’s Trail, known as one of the world’s best coastal hiking routes. Our local guides have great knowledge on the land, as well as a vast knowledge on nature and hiking / orienteering in general. A great activity option for any team seeking to embrace the amazing Algarve landscape on foot.
- Guided 1/2 day or full day tours
- Add on lunch and / or wine with a picnic dinner over sunset views to enjoying a drink under the stars
- world-class hiking route with educational pointers along the way
- Moderate fitness suggestible at least
- Hiking shoes and kit not supplied – guests need to bring this themselves
- If you want to just add a short hike around an activity or event, we can also do some ad hoc sightseeing instead of a full on,guided hike
Exploring & Tours
Beaches & Country
Soak Up Algarve Culture
Cute Towns & Villages
Why not add on a tailor-made sightseeing tour in Algarve to fit around the itinerary or to enjoy as a stand alone activity? We can adjust our tours to suit what your team fancies, lasting anything from a quick two hour stop off taking the scenic route home after a surf, to a full day exploring the amazing region. Especially handy if you don’t quite fancy a full hiking activity, just a quick stop off here and there soaking up the sights of Algarve.
- Food and drink stops from wine tasting to a sunset picnic with amazing views
- Explore cute authentic Algarvian towns and fishing villages
- Coastal exploring and beach time
- Mountains and forests
- Private bus tours
- Fits well with a 1/2 day activity, such as sailing in Lagos followed by sightseeing for the afternoon
Sagres and Lagos areas
Fun hit of adventure
Push some limits
Coasteering is one of our most popular outdoor team building activities. Scramble, swim and take on fun jumps while exploring the beautiful Algarve coastline. Our coasteering here is supported by an “adventure for all” supportive environment, perfect for pushing some boundaries, while doing something a bit different.
- Experienced instructors & all needed equipment (bring a pair of old trainers & boardshorts)
- Our coasteering adventures last between 3-4 hours incl. kitting up
- Includes a transfer from your accommodation
- Why not add on a lunch stop and extra exploring, or a surf lesson after the coasteer?
Mountain Biking & Cycling Tours
Mountain Tours – Monchique
Algarve is not only a watersports and beach haven, it also offers really epic on-land activity options such as mountain biking. Our tours are set-up with the typical team in mind, offering something for everyone, from the less adventurous to those who crave a hit of adrenaline. Take on the coastal routes or let us show you routes inland with stunning views from up high in Monchique. A great team building activity option!
- Regular mountain-biking, E-biking or Hybrids available
- Coast, forests, scenic villages and mountains
- 1/2 day or full day guided tours
- Beginner friendly
Yoga & Wellness
Massage & Relaxation
With around 300 days of sunshine a year, stunning nature and sandy beaches – this is the perfect destination for some team yoga and feel good wellness. Whether you are complete beginners or experienced yogis, adding yoga and wellness on a team retreat is a great way to go. They go hand in hand with outdoor activities for developing amazing vibes and improving mental health. Whether you fancy a beach yoga session around a surf lesson, or a more targeted programme of wellness – we can factor that in to suit your goals.
- Yoga practice for beginners & more experienced yogis
- Meditation sessions
- Available at the beach, in nature or at the accommodation
- Massage and body therapy to realign the bodies from office based or physically demanding jobs
- Pick up and learn new practices you can take home with you for an improved team / office vibe – ask us about follow up sessions over Zoom or a take-home programme to follow
SUP Tours & Team Games
Looking for a great way to be active and enjoy the coast, but taking things a bit easier with some zen time? Paddleboarding offers just that. Glide your way across the Algarve seas taking in the breath-taking scenery on your own private team SUP tour. Alternatively we can also explore the river in Amoreira, a great option for a windy day or some nervous team members. We can also add on fun team elements!
- Accessible watersport and easy to pick up with large SUP boards
- Enjoy stunning cave systems and the Algarve coastline near Sagres, or we can do a gentle river SUP in Amoreira near Aljezur
- Sessions incl. experienced instructor & needed equipment
- Team races and fun elements optional
- Why not add on a beach yoga session to partner your SUP experience?
Min. 6 Participants
Paintballing is one of those crowd-pleasing activities that offers something more light-hearted to a team building retreat. Who doesn’t enjoy shooting up their mates and colleagues over a fun game of paintballing in a woodland setting? A great way to spend the morning or afternoon that provides a little variety of the other outdoor activities.
- All kit supplied
- Private sessions for teams
- Team v team competitive fun
- Near to Lagos city
- 1/2 day activity
Fun Interactive Sessions
Office Teams & Sports Clubs
Get your sweat on with us as part of an active team building retreat in Algarve. We have something for all fitness goals, whether you’re an office based team wanting to be whipped into shape or a sports team seeking a bootcamp with a specialist personal trainer. It works well combined with outdoor activities and wellness. Tailor-made to suit your goals and current fitness levels.
- Workout on stunning beaches or at the accommodation
- Flexible programmes to suit various trip budgets
- Specialist, experienced trainers
- Good team bonding activity
- Post retreat follow ups and programmes to take home can be included
Sagres & Lagos
All group sizes
Modern with excellent facilities
If you would like that extra level of comfort and service you find in a hotel, then we are happy to say that we have amazing options in Algarve. Fitting to our Big Blue style, we work with modern 4* and 5* beach-chic hotels in both Sagres and Lagos. Complete with great features such as heated outdoor pools, wellness centres, co-working lounge areas and on-site bars & restaurants – all set within fantastic locations.
- Twin room, private doubles to executive suites
- En-suite rooms with all the modern touches and features you’d expect from a quality hotel
- On-site pools, gyms, fitness and wellness centres, sports pitches, sun terraces and other top quality hotel features
- Memmo 4* in Sagres has a yoga studio with lovely natural light and plenty of outdoor space for wellness and other similar activities
- Meetings and events spaces as well as outdoor spaces where we can run dinner parties
- Bars and restaurants on-site
Aldeia da Pedralva - Hire an Algarvian Village!
Traditional village in a rural setting
Hire multiple cottages or the whole site
Very unique experience
Aldeia da Pedralva has to be one of the most unique accommodation opportunities we have to offer across Portugal. The village used to accommodate around 100 families, and like most rural communities with and an ageing population, the village started becoming more of a ghost-town in decline. Until a group of passionate friends from Lisboa teamed up with the local council to inject new life into the aldeia (village). Now it has opened the doors as a very fascinating and awesome place for teams looking to unwind, escape the busy life and enjoy a slice of Algarvian life. There really aren’t many better places to reconnect than here. You can opt to hire a row of houses or choose to rent the whole village just for your team.
- Up to 30 self-catering houses ranging from 1 bedrooms sleeping 2 colleagues on a twin bed set-up to 4 bedroom country house
- Accommodate up 80 people
- Includes bedding and towels
- 3* hotel rating
- Traditional in style with good quality new facilities. Please note this isn’t uber modern with flatscreen TV’s etc, it’s comfortable and clean, but presents a more laid back authentic type of getaway
- Outdoor pool with sun loungers
- Restaurant and bar on-site
- This is a place to slow down, signal is very limited and there is only Wi-Fi around the bar and restaurant
- Option to run events and parties here
Small to medium sized groups
Locations across west Algarve
For teams who want that feeling of togetherness, with more privacy and enhanced social vibes, an exclusive villa hire in Algarve is a great option for you. We have a variety of villas with great facilities, nice character and styles, from super modern and fresh to more authentic Algarvian style – all of a great standard!
- Self-catering, or catered for food & drink service
- Shared or private rooms, variety of sizes from twin en-suites to 6 bed dorm type bedrooms
- Nice social spaces such as sun terraces by the pool, sunny gardens and cosy living rooms
- Great for BBQ parties, times chilling out together, yoga at the villa and more
- We can bring team meetings, parties and small events to you at the villa
- By the beach, quiet in nature, or closer to the bars and restaurants in Sagres or Lagos areas
- Wi-fi and the expected essentials facilities included
Small to large group sizes
Private dorms & exclusive hires
Modern & clean
Hostels are a great option for a cost effective, quality and social team getaway in sunny Algarve. We have a few great options perfect for a range of team sizes. Locations include being near the popular surf beaches of Arrifana and Sagres to a few cool options in Lagos town close to all the bars, restaurants, marina and beaches the sea side town has to offer, a great option for those seeking a bit more nightlife on the doorstep.
- Cool, beachy vibes in modern, clean hostels
- Range of bedrooms from bunk bed dorms, to double / twin en-suites available at our hostels
- Swimming pools
- Sun terraces
- Spaces we can deliver small conferences for groups up to approx. 40 – 50 people
- BBQ nights and parties
- Wi-fi and the expected essentials facilities included
Events, Co-working & Parties
Full Events Service
Parties, AGMs & More
If you would like to add any type of event or party to your corporate retreat in Algarve, then we are happy to plan and deliver that for you. As well as the travel & adventures side of the business we are also experienced events planners. So, from poolside parties, and beach conferences to the more conventional AGM’s in modern meeting spaces – we have you covered!
- Conferences, meetings and events for teams from 6 people up to 500+
- Create the perfect space to escape the office and get creative, come up with new strategies and products
- Modern meeting and co-working spaces available
- Parties, awards and celebrations
- Branding, printing and other event services
- Guest speakers and event MCs
- Live music from Portuguese Fado to DJ’s
- Full hospitality & catering
Beach Day Events
Ultimate Beach Vibes
Multiple Team Activities
Food, Drinks & Events
If you fancy the ultimate day at the beach in Algarve with nice summer vibes, then we can make that happen, however big or small you want to make it. From large team events with catering and even small conference facilities, down to some beach games with a picnic!
- Beach yoga and other wellness and relaxation available
- Beachy event set-up perfect for unique meetings with sand between the toes. We can bring key elements like tents for some shade, audio speakers + mics, your branded deckchairs, you name it!
- Catering and drinks for the day, from cocktails to soft drinks
- Activities for the day, from surfing and paddleboarding to beach volleyball
Big Wave Surfer, Andrew Cotton
Adventurer, Maria Leijerstam
Plus More Options
A good story can really motivate us all with a fresh new perspective. Seeing how these highly impressive people at the top of their game achieve their goals, and tackle extraordinary and stressful situations through strong mindsets and a dedication to doing what they love, is something we can all be inspired by!
At Big Blue we work with a range of awesome speakers that we can add to your corporate event with us, including Red Bull’s big wave surfer Andrew Cotton, Olympic gold medal winning kayaker Anna Hemmings MBE, and Guinness World Record Holder and first person to cycle to the South Pole, Maria Leijerstam. They all have fantastic stories and individual styles to motivate your team and provide take away transferrable tips and tricks that you can implement into your day-to-day lives.
- Be inspired by world-class athletes, adventurers and business leaders
- We have a variety of speakers available at different budgets
- The talks combine perfectly with our other outdoor activities and team development workshops, for a well-rounded team event
- Also, available as a standalone event option
Team Development Workshops
Create High Performing Teams
Develop Trust & Culture
Collaboration in hybrid/remote teams
You’ve built fantastic energy and trust in your outdoor team-building – now you want to keep it! A collaborative team workshop as a speedy follow-up to your event will help you harness that energy and feed it into creating a high performing, healthy team. In a world moving at lightning speed teams must be flexible, adaptable, virtual and still need to deliver excellent work and fresh ideas. To lead in this world, collaboration amongst your people is going to be one of your key differentiators.
Check out our interview video discussing corporate retreats and the value of team training with Ffion here!
- Ready-made or bespoke workshops for a range of team challenges
- We can cover: Collaborative behaviours and skills, how to lead a team in hybrid office/remote working, psychological safety and trust, team purpose and much more!
- Our workshops offer active, experiential learning in any environment – indoor or out
- Highly experienced team coaching and development professionals to take care of you and your team
- Our workshops work perfectly with our outdoor exploring and adventures, resulting in a positive setting and refreshed frame of mind for maximise on this opportunity
Beach & Nature Cleans
Beach & Country Cleans
As much time as you can commit!
Great for your CSR
Here at Big Blue Adventures we love our planet and see first hand the horrible effects pollution and littering has on our natural playgrounds. We all have a big part to play in protecting our planet and adding a team beach clean is a great thing to do first of all, but also a fantastic CSR initiative for your team. Do mention this on your quote form if you like the idea of adding this and thank you for thinking about the planet – she needs it!
We can do more, collectively!
We will match your investment value
Offset your event’s carbon footprint
From January 2022 Big Blue will be offering corporate teams the exciting opportunity to do more to sequester carbon, either by collectively adding your investment into a project’s pot, or depending on your event size – independently. These vital fund will then provide the necessary support of our own sustainability projects with Mossy Earth.
At Big Blue we already invest monthly into their native tree plantations and rewilding work, but we feel a lot more can be done, with both Big Blue and our guests using our corporate retreats as the vehicle to create longer lasting change. So, together let’s use this opportunity to leave a positive mark on the environments that we love and enjoy.
Through projects such as planting and restoring vital kelp forests on the coast of Portugal, we can diversify the efforts to sequester carbon collectively. While tree planting is amazing, and we will continue to plant native species in the right environments, more needs to be done and there is the danger of a global marketing fad and wishful thinking that planting a tree is enough to say we are carbon-neutral.
For more information on projects please do e-mail us or leave a note about your interest in our projects in the quote form.
- Projects delivered one we hit our quarterly of bi-annually targets
- Variety of projects will be presented to you at the time of your donation, final project depends on when we hot the target and amount of funds donated
- Big Blue will fund match the value of your project donation
- Video update created by Mossy Earth to your team showing how your project unfolded
- A fantastic opportunity to achieve your CSR targets
- Value from £250 / €250 up to £2000 / €2000 per retreat. Larger events will be offered higher values on a case by case basis.
Hosted Team Building Adventures
With any of our Big Blue adventures we always aim for a personal customer service (Travel & Hospitality Award winners for ‘excellence in customer service’) and have a friendly face there to welcome you to your corporate retreat in West Algarve & Lagos. We are on hand to host the key parts of your retreat so you can sit back and relax, we’ll do the organising for you and bring some good vibes too!
Local Transfers & Airport Transfers
If you need transport from your accommodation to our activities then we can arrange that for you, in fact it is usually expected on a group trip like a team building event. We have mini-busses and coaches available for groups of all sizes. We’ll usually include airport transfers as part of your package unless requested otherwise. Our mini-busses are also available for evening out returns to Lagos and various day-trips to surrounding areas.
Meals & Drinks
You can choose between Bed & Breakfast, half board or all-inclusive for your team building trip in Algarve. We can also add extras like a drinks-reception package, packed-lunch and BBQ nights. Just add it to your ‘get quote’ options and we will get that included in your team building package!
Pictures & Highlights Video
On our hosted team building adventures we take our GoPro cameras and shoot some great pictures & videos. We’ll send these to you afterwards and even edit a personal highlights video for your team, the best way to remember your corporate trip in West Algarve & Lagos!
Team Building Extras
There are lots of extras we can add to your team building trip in Portugal, including local wine tastings and help with restaurant reservations & private event spaces. If you have any ideas, or would like more info on the extras we can provide, feel free to ask us on the get quote page.
Why Adventure With Us…
We work as one big team with our local activity providers, making sure that together we offer a high quality experience for teams. Each activity has been tried & tested, and personally chosen by us.
Hosted retreats and incentive travel, with numbers between 10-200+ people. With an award-winning service; we’ll always go the extra miles to ensure our packages are perfect for your team’s needs.
Quality Team Time
Our corporate retreats provide a fun environment to reconnect offline! Nature, adventure and good vibes create the perfect setting to bounce fresh ideas around and to catch up on important talks.