Adventure Stag Do North Wales
The perfect Snowdonia stag do with fun outdoor activities and quality stag accommodation
A stag do in North Wales is awesome, so you’re already on the right track by clicking onto this page. Big Blue Adventures offers the full stag weekend package in Snowdonia and Anglesey, complete with stunning nature, adventure activities, BBQs and country pubs. If you prefer the countryside over cities and nightclubs, then a stag do in North Wales is perfect for you. However, if you’d like a proper night ‘out out’ as part of your package, then do check out our Stag Weekends Cardiff & Swansea Stag Do pages.
North Wales has become a major hub for adventure in the UK, offering adrenaline-fuelled stag parties the perfect destination for a fun weekend with the lads. Whether the mountains of Snowdonia or coastline of Anglesey is calling you, we have loads of epic activity options to combine for a seriously top send off for your main man.
Big Blue offers stag-friendly quality accommodation such as private cottages, bunkhouses & log cabins, with a variety of activities like canyoning, coasteering and rock-climbing. We’ll put an awesome stag weekend together, tailor-made to suit your group. When you’re ready just hit the Quote button, call or email us directly.
Canyoning in Snowdonia is one the best outdoor activities you can enjoy while in the National Park, arguably the capital of adventure in the UK. Our canyoning sessions include fun sections of jumps, slides, abseil and do require use of rope work to keep you safe on the session. Great for stag do’s on a North Wales adventure.
- Roughly 4 hours incl. kitting up
- Fun jumps including some big ones!
- Awesome natural slide section
- Experienced instructors & All equipment included (winter wetsuits, helmets, buoyancy aids and climbing harnesses). Bring a pair of old trainers
- Few nice pubs and picnic areas close by
Coastal or Lake Paddle
A Fun Exploration
Sea kayaking is a fantastic way to explore this big beautiful coastline around north Wales. By sit on-top kayak we can cover some nice distances, taking in some iconic spots from the turquoise waters of Anglesey, the famous Menai Strait, dramatic Llyn Peninsula and even enjoying mountain landscapes on a lake kayak in Snowdonia. A fun, accessible way to get out on an adventure whilst on a stag do in epic north Wales.
- Beginner friendly and accessible watersports
- Many epic paddle spots available in North Wales
- Experienced instructors & all needed equipment included (bring a pair of shoes or wetsuit boots)
- Single and double kayaks available
- 1/2 day or full day tours
- Stop off at a local pub afterwards to complete your stag day out!
World’s Fastest Zipline
One of Snowdonia’s most famous attractions is ZipWorld and all the unique activities it has on offer. Whether you’re up for an adrenaline activity such as the fast Velocity zipline or the Caverns Adventure with zipline sections high up in an underground cave, or if you’re just after some fun & laughs on the underground trampoline park of Bounce Below… ZipWorld offers a guaranteed great day out!
- Suitable for most group sizes
- Variety of activities available or combine 2 on the same day
- Nice cafe on site
- Scenic Location
Fun River Rapids
Max. 20 people
River tubing is an awesome option for your stag do in North Wales if you want some easy-going laughter on the river! Each person will get a tube to go down the River Dee with, taking on the fast flowing rapids on the way. It’s a great accessible watersport as river tubing doesn’t involve too much skill or a high fitness level, just confidence in the water.
- Experienced instructors
- River tubing lasts approximately 3 hours incl. kitting up
- All needed equipment included (bring old trainers that can get wet and swimwear)
- Great for small groups up to 20 people maximum
Crystal Clear Waters
Our coasteering activity on Anglesey takes place in the scenic bay of Porth Dafarch, close to Holyhead and Trearddur Bay. A beautiful coastline with nice inviting turquoise waters perfect for a coasteer! A great option for a day out if staying in Snowdonia National Park and roughly only 40 minutes from Caernarfon.
- 3 -4 hours incl. kitting up
- Variety of smaller & higher jumps
- Caves and coves to explore
- Experienced instructors & all equipment included (winter wetsuits, buoyancy aids and helmets). Bring a pair of old trainers
- Nice spots in Trearddur Bay or The Paddlers Return for a drink and food after the adventure
- Why not add on sea kayaking, local exploring or rock climbing to your coasteering adventure?
Beginner – Intermediate
Anglesey or Llyn Peninsula
There aren’t that many places where you can catch waves while being blessed with dramatic mountains as a backdrop. But that’s what you can expect from surfing on Anglesey or the Llyn Peninsula in North Wales. Scenic surf sports, nice learner waves and a great team of friendly, passionate local coaches there to spread the stoke for surf with you and your mates! Both locations are in easy reach if you’re staying in Snowdonia for your stag weekend.
- Roughly 3 hours incl. kitting up and briefing on the beach
- Experienced instructors & all needed equipment included
- Nice spots nearby for food and drink after the surf which we can include in your package
Coastal Or Mountainous
Climbing & Abseiling
North Wales is a blessed region for epic outdoor rock climbing and works well as a stag weekend activity. Whether that’s getting to grips with some nice coastal slabs on Anglesey, or taking in the mountain views at Llanberis Quarry – just to name a few. If you guys are seeking to push the boundaries and get a hit of adrenaline we can adjust the climbing sessions to suit your goals, experience and the conditions.
- 1/2 day or full day climbs
- All kit provided, just bring suitable outdoor clothing and sports or climbing shoes
- Suitable for a variety of group sizes as we can divide larger groups
- Abseiling and rock-climbing for all levels
Grand Prix or Arrive & Drive
1100m British Championship Circuit
Go-karting is a stag classic! It’s great for groups with different fitness levels and age ranges. It’s a very accessible activity and almost anyone can join in. We’ve partnered up with a nice outdoor track in the countryside of North Wales. The track is 1100m long and is even used for the British Championships! Choose between an easy Arrive & Drive session or a competitive Grand Prix. Enjoy a couple of hours on one of the largest outdoor go-karting tracks in the UK!
- Experienced instructors
- Helmet & Overall provided
- Our Go-Karting races usually last approx. 1-2 hours
- Honda 270 sport karts
Learn To SUP
Great Core Work-out
One of our most popular spots for paddleboarding is on the beautiful Llanberis Lake with mountain views, in the heart of Snowdonia. Learn all the basic skills of SUP and enjoy this relaxed watersport with your stag group. It’s a great activity option if you’re looking for something to suit most fitness & confidence levels. We can add some games & challenges to make it a more playful session!
- Small – Medium groups
- Experienced instructors
- All needed equipment included
- Our paddleboarding lessons usually last between 2-3 hours
- Llanberis and its surroundings offer some awesome lunch options like local cafes & pubs, enjoy some time socialising with your mates whilst sipping on a local craft beer!
Mountain, Lake or Coastal Hikes
Half- or Full Day Activity
Climb Snowdon’s Summit
From hiking famous Mount Snowdon (1085m high) to the Welsh Coastal Path and secluded lakes. North Wales offers endless hiking routes and is also seen as Wales’ hike paradise. Whether you fancy a full day of exploring with your stag group or just a relaxed stroll with some sightseeing, we can recommend great walks & hikes in the area. Visit places like Ynys Llanddwyn lighthouse on Anglesey, stroll to a secluded beach pub Ty Coch on the Llyn Peninsula or visit alpine style towns like Betws-y-Coed for a well deserved pint after your hiking activity.
- All groups sizes
- Experienced guides
- Tailor-made Hikes
- Add on orienteering challenges
- Sunrise or Sunset hikes available
- Bring warm clothes & Waterproofs
White Water Rafting
Enjoy The Rapids
All Year Round
If you’re after a thrilling watersport that involves team work, then you should give white water rafting a go on your stag weekend in North Wales! Enjoy going down fast rapids whilst taking in the beautiful natural scenery of the River Dee in Llangollen.
- Experienced instructors
- Small – Large groups
- All needed equipment included (bring trainers that can get wet and swimwear)
- 3 hour adventure
- Enjoy a local pub in Llangollen after your white water rafting adventure!
Exploring & Tours
Tours to suit your plans
Explore north Wales
From castles, beaches to harbour towns
North Wales really does have world-class scenery around every corner and while you’re here on your stag do it makes sense to make the most of that. We love to take our groups exploring on private tours around the adventures, or even as a stand-alone activity. We have great variety on offer. From one of the most instagrammable spots in Wales at Ynys Llanddwyn Lighthouse, scenic Snowdonia spots like Llyn Gwynant to having a pint at Ty Coch – Britain’s Best Pub.
- Tailor-made private tours with transfers
- Fitted in around your activities
- From taking in the scenery to creating your own classy pub crawl while exploring
- We can include entrance tickets to tourist attractions such as Caernarfon Castle or a brewery tour etc.
- Great way to enjoy your time here considering North Wales isn’t the place for big nightclubs – it is about the exploring, nature & adventures!
Bunkhouses & Log Cabins
Small – Medium Groups
If you’re after clean & comfy group accommodation with mountain and countryside views, then our selection of bunkhouses & log cabins are perfect for your stag do in North Wales. Sleeping from 6 people up to 20+ with a self-catering kitchen, variety of bedrooms incl. single, double and bunk-beds, outdoor patios with picnic benches overlooking a stunning natural setting – a popular choice for adventurous stag do’s wanting to hang out together over a BBQ and aren’t too fussed on an evening out.
- Free wi-fi
- Self-catering accommodation but we can provide meal packages
- Some properties come with a fire-pit or BBQ, or are within walking distance from a local pub – let us know what you prefer as part of your package
- Free parking
- Variety of bedrooms
- Snowdonia & Anglesey locations
- Add on a bus transfer for an evening out in nearby towns
Villas & Cottages
Medium – Large Groups
Walking Distance To Pubs
Whether you fancy a typical mountain type cottage with log-fire and cosy feel, or a large modern villa with games room, we have a variety of quality private properties available throughout North Wales to suit most stag groups with a medium-high budget. Most of the self-catering villas & cottages are within walking distance from a local pub, making it a great option for stag do’s wanting to enjoy a few beers out in the evening!
- Fully equipped self-catering kitchens
- Classic & Modern property options
- Quality self-catering properties with good communal areas
- Variety of bedrooms incl. double, single and bunk-beds
- Pubs at walking distance from most properties
- Villas come with games room (pool-table, air-hockey or table-football)
- Free parking
- Free wi-fi
- Add on a meal & drinks package
Hotels & Hostels
All Group Sizes
Budget Or Luxury
On-Site Bars & Restaurants
From a cool urban hostel in Caernarfon with its own basement bar, to your typical YHA in nature and a luxury hotel with pool in the alpinesque town of Betws-y-Coed, there is a good choice of hotels & hostels in North Wales that are stag-friendly. Whether you’re on a tight budget or want to go all out, these shared accommodation options are all in great locations across Snowdonia and most are in walking distance to local pubs or have a restaurant and bar on-site.
- Continental and/or cooked breakfast included
- Private dorm-rooms and private en-suite rooms available
- Free wi-fi
- Bar and/or restaurant on site
- Hotel with pool & spa facilities
Hosted Stag Adventures
With any of our Big Blue adventures we always aim for a personal customer service (Travel & Hospitality Award winners for ‘excellence in customer service’) and have a friendly face there to welcome you to your stag weekend. We can be there to take the stress off your hands and organise the key moments with our local hosts there to bring some good vibes! Previous best men and stag groups have loved this for added peace of mind and it is our default service, but we can also set it up as a un-hosted / self-guided adventure weekend on request with no issues.
Need transport from your group accommodation to our activities? No worries, that is usually expected on a group trip like a stag do. We have mini-busses available for groups of all sizes. Our mini-busses are also there for day-trips or extra exploring in surrounding areas, such as Betws-y-Coed, Llanberis Lake, Caernarfon, Conwy, Llyn Peninsula or the Menai Straits.
We can also run airport or train station transfers as well as your nights out with some pub crawls or take you to a nearby town if staying in the countryside.
Pics & Highlights Video
On a hosted adventure we take our GoPro cameras with us and shoot some cool pictures & videos. We’ll send these to you afterwards and even edit a personal highlights video of your stag adventure, the best way to remember your trip!
Meals & Drinks
Choose between Bed & Breakfast, half board or all-inclusive. We can also organise a drinks package, BBQ night or packed-lunch. Just add it to your ‘quote’ options and we will get a meal package sorted for you soon!
Pub Time & Sightseeing
On the side of the outdoor activities, we love to add in some extra sightseeing around the local area and a popular choice are food & drink tours where we stop at a few local pubs or a brewery. Like the idea of checking out the local area? Let us know and we can factor that into your stag day out!
Why Adventure With Us…
Hosted group adventure travel, with numbers between 6-100+ people. BBA offers an award winning service; we’ll always go the extra mile to ensure our packages are perfect for your stag do.
The best way to remember your stag weekend? A highlights video that captures all the best moments of your adventure. Video & pictures are included in all of our full packages.
Everything was beautiful organised by a... legendary couple who was there to lift our spirits up while documenting everything!
Don’t even think about it, just book something with them, you won’t regret it!
Ps. Fabulous Welsh vegan cakes from the goodie bag were fabulously delicious 😊read more
We enjoyed it so much I decided to organise my brothers stag do through them as well. The whole weekend was perfectly organised from start to finish.
Everything was sorted for us. From our activities coasteering and sea kayaking to our food/drinks and a brewery tour. It was so good being able to switch off and enjoy our weekend knowing Big Blue had taken care of everything.
I couldn’t recommend Big Blue Adventures highly enough and can’t wait for my next adventure with them!read more
More Wales Stag Do’s
Why We Love This…
“What I love about adventuring in North Wales is the breathtaking scenery and vast amount of activities around every corner. There’s so much to do here! It’s super easy to combine coastal and mountain based stag activities into a day or across a weekend. Add in some nice local beers, scenic nature & a chilled out BBQ with your mates, and you have the perfect weekend in the great outdoors!”
Founder & Co-owner