Hen Weekends Gower & Swansea
Explore stunning beaches and enjoy fun activities on an adventure hen do in Swansea and the Gower Peninsula
Why should you opt for an alternative hen do in the Gower Peninsula and Swansea? Well, imagine yourself staying at a nice cottage overlooking the countryside, just a short drive to the beach in the morning for your group beach yoga session, followed by a private surf lesson and ending the day with drinks at the local pub with all of your favourite girls. The Gower Peninsula is a really awesome option for a fun active hen weekend in Wales! Or check out the rest of our Adventure Hen Weekends in Wales.
Big Blue offers the complete hen do package, with hen-friendly group accommodation like private cottages, bunkhouses and glamping, and a variety of adventures such as paddleboarding & coasteering. Just tell us what kind of package you’re after and we’ll put an awesome hen weekend together for you in Gower and Swansea, tailor-made to suit your group. Click on the ‘package info’ section to see what we can include to make your hen package complete, including local transfer. Hit the Quote button, call or email us direct. What are you waiting for? Start planning your hen weekend away in South Wales!
Private Group Lessons
Our most popular hen activity in Gower is probably a surf-lesson. Llangennith beach is the perfect spot for this, with a beautiful backdrop of Rhossili Bay & Wormshead and some really nice beginner waves. Surfing is a really fun watersport where everyone can get involved in, no matter what previous experience they may have. If you’ve surfed before, don’t worry, Llangennith often comes with bigger swell too. Our private group surf-lessons are a little longer than most surf-schools, to give you the most complete experience.
- Our surf-lessons are roughly 3 hours incl. briefing
- Experienced instructors & all needed equipment (softboards, wetsuits & boots)
- Why not add a beach-yoga session to complete your beach adventure?
- There are some awesome local cafes near Llangennith, perfect for an after surf lunch!
Learn To SUP
Paddleboarding is always a great hen activity because it’s such an accessible watersport. It’s easy to learn the basics of SUP and enjoy a relaxed exploration of the Gower coast. We usually take our hen groups to Mumbles in Swansea, Port-Eynon or Langland depending on the conditions. It’s a great work-out too, a fun way to stay active!
- Our SUP adventures last between 2-3 hours incl. kitting up
- Experienced instructors & all needed equipment included (wetsuits optional)
- Mumbles offers a variety of cafes, bars & pubs for drinks & lunch afterwards and Port Eynon & Langland have some great local options as well
Canyoning, also known as gorge walking, is a super fun and thrilling activity in Brecon Beacons National Park, not far from Swansea. It involves sliding with the rapids, jumping into rock pools and climbing behind waterfalls. It’s great for all confidence levels but will most likely push some boundaries too. The jumps are optional if you have some hens in the group who aren’t too sure about heights!
- Experienced instructors.
- All needed equipment (wetsuits, helmets, buoyancy aids) included, you just need a pair of old trainers.
- Our Canyoning adventures usually last 3/4 hours incl. kitting up.
- Canyoning is roughly a half hour drive from Swansea
- Add some lunch to your day out, there are great country pubs nearby!
Beautiful Zen Environment
Playful Fun Yoga
Whether you’re an experienced Yogi or if you’ve never tried yoga before, our beach-yoga sessions are great fun for all levels. We usually take our groups for beach-yoga to Llangennith Beach, Port Eynon or Rhossili Bay. Depending on what other activities you may have planned. If the weather is bad then we do have indoor options to fall back on as well. Yoga is a great way to warm up for your surf-lesson or to cool down after your coasteering adventure.
- Our beach-yoga sessions are around 45 min-1 hour
- Experienced yoga teacher and yoga matts provided (just wear some comfy clothes)
- Why not add a surf lesson or paddleboarding adventure to complete your hen weekend?
- There are some lovely local cafes in the Gower, the perfect addition to your yoga class
If you’re not so much into watersports but love an adventure, then you’ve got to try rock-climbing! This addictive outdoor sport will get your heart pumping but also teach you the rope-work. Our rock-climbing activities are beginner friendly and usually held near Rhossili Bay, which comes with a cool abseil through a cave. Depending on the tides we sometimes have to move to Port Eynon, which is equally as good!
- Our rock-climbing adventures last between 3-4 hours incl. kitting up & briefing
- Experienced instructors & all needed equipment included (helmets & climbing gear)
- Indoor climbing wall as plan B in case of bad weather
Fancy Dress Welcome
Enjoy an action packed day with a variety of challenges and game-zones on a paintballing activity in Swansea. A great option for a competitive hen do that’s looking to release their inner warrior a d doesn’t mind getting stuck in and muddy! Paintballing in Swansea offers classic game zones such as capture the flag, conquer the bridge and destroy the enemy. Depending on your group size you will either compete against each other or work together to beat another team.
- Experienced instructors
- Half-day activity
- 300 paintballs, protective goggles & overalls included
- Paint-grenades & smoke-grenades optional
Explore The Coastline
Scrambling & Climbing
If you’re after a real adventure on your hen weekend, then coasteering is a must! Rhossili Bay is a beautiful place for it too and offers awesome jumps, caves to explore and nice rock-formations to scramble across. Don’t worry if some girls in your group aren’t that adventurous, we can adjust the coasteering activity to your abilities and if you don’t fancy a high-jump then you can just swim/walk around.
- Our coasteering adventures last between 3-4 hours incl. kitting up
- Experienced instructors & all needed equipment included (wetsuits, helmets, buoyancy aids)
- Why not add a beach-yoga class to complete your hen day out?
- There are quality cafes & pubs near Rhossili Bay, great for a post coasteering lunch
Hiking & Exploring
Explore Stunning Beaches
Short Walks And Full Day Hikes
Wales is known for its extensive coastal hiking trails and a large chunk of the path runs through the Gower Peninsula. Enjoy a half-day or full-day hike along the spectacular coastline and discover the beautiful beaches the Gower has to offer. Or why not combine some local exploring and an easy-going short walk in the afternoon after a watersport or outdoor activity.
- Guided hikes
- Tailor-made routes
- We can make our hikes as long or as short as you like
- Explore the local beaches and pretty coastal towns of the Gower
- Stop off at local pubs & cafes on the way
- Add on a picnic or packed lunch to your exploration!
Gower Cottages & Bunkhouses
Small – Large groups
Our exclusive hires in the Gower Peninsula are the most popular choice with hen do’s opting to stay in this part of South Wales. Here you can get your own private accommodation close to the beach! From Rhossili Bay to Port Eynon and Llangennith, our bunkhouses and cottages are in great locations in the beautiful Gower Peninsula and not far from Swansea. Depending on your budget we can offer quality modern cottages or slightly more basic, but comfortable bunkhouses, either way the self-catering accommodation comes with all facilities needed for a great stay. Offering a variety of bedrooms incl. single/bunk/double beds, a lounge area and an outdoor patio with picnic benches overlooking the countryside or the sea!
- Variety of private bunkhouses & cottages to suit most hen group sizes and budgets
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking on site
- Walking distance to the local pub
- walking distance or short drive to the nearest beach
- Add-on a breakfast, drinks and BBQ package
- Add-on a transfer to Swansea for a night out!
Swansea & Gower Hotels
All Group Sizes
City Centre Or Countryside
Spa Or Bar On-Site
If you’re after a more luxury hen weekend in the city but with access to the beach and fun outdoor activities, then our Swansea hotel is the perfect spot for your hen do. It’s a short walk to all the city’s restaurants & bars, walking distance to Swansea Bay and the hotel comes with free leisure facilities incl. a heated pool & sauna. Alternatively you can opt for a cosy smaller countryside hotel, close to the local beaches and with a nice natural setting!
- Modern hotels with essential facilities
- Choose between double, twin or triple rooms
- At most hotels a buffet breakfast is included (continental & cooked)
- Free wi-fi
- Hotels offering free or secure paid parking
- Enjoy a local bar or restaurant/pub on site
- Choose Swansea city centre or stay in the Gower Peninsula
- Some hotels come with pool & spa facilities
Glamping & Camping
Small – Medium Groups
Safari Tent Or Bring Your Own
For those hen do’s who are after a weekend stay in nature, we have some lovely options available for glamping and camping in the Gower Peninsula. Opt for more luxury with a cosy stay in a safari tent, complete with all the needed facilities for a comfortable stay, such as a cosy living room with sofa and dining table, a self-catering kitchen, electricity, variety of single & double beds and an outdoor space with firepit and even a hot-tub! Or if you prefer to go back to basics and organise your own camping gear, then why not stay at our hen-friendly campsite with good shower & toilet block and enjoy the social vibe of camping!
- Campsites in the Gower are walking distance to a local pub
- Bring your own tent/van or opt for a glamping safari tent
- Add-on a woodfired hot-tub at the glamping site
- Lush countryside views
- Near to activity locations
Hosted Hen Adventures
With any of our Big Blue adventures we always aim for a personal customer service (Travel & Hospitality Award winners for ‘excellence in customer service’) and have a friendly face there to welcome you to your hen weekend in Swansea & Gower. We are on hand to host the key parts so you can sit back and relax, we’ll do the organising for you and bring some good vibes too!
If you need transport from your group accommodation to our activities then we can arrange that for you, in fact it is usually expected on a group trip like a hen do. We have mini-busses available for groups of all sizes. Our mini-busses are also available for night out returns to Swansea and various day-trips to surrounding areas. A popular option is a morning activity followed by lunch and some drinks at a local cafe before heading back to the hen accommodation!
Pictures & Highlights Video
On a hosted adventure we take our GoPro cameras and shoot some nice pictures & videos. We’ll send these to you afterwards and even edit a personal highlights video for your hen group, the best way to remember your trip!
Meals & Drinks
You can choose between Bed & Breakfast, half board or all-inclusive for your hen party. We can also add extras like a drinks-reception package, packed-lunch and BBQ’s. Just add it to your quote options and we will get that included in your hen package!
Hen Party Extras
There are lots of extras we can add to your hen weekend in The Gower Peninsula & Swansea, including cocktail making classes and a local pub-tour. If you have any ideas, or would like more info on the extras we can provide, feel free to ask us on the quote page.
Why Adventure With Us…
Our Big Blue destinations offer great group accommodation options, good travel links, quality facilities and world-class adventures. We spend a lot of time at our locations and know what works well for hen groups.
Hosted group adventure travel, with numbers between 10-200+ people. BBA offers an award winning service; we’ll always go the extra mile to ensure our packages are perfect for your hen do.
The best way to remember your hen weekend? A highlights video that captures all the best moments of your adventure. Video & pictures are included in all of our full packages.
More Wales Hen Do’s
Why We Love This…
“The Gower Peninsula & Swansea is one of our most popular hen destinations in Wales. Nothing beats a sunny surf or coasteering day, followed by delicious home-made food & prosecco overlooking Rhossili Bay. The Gower is such an inredible natural area, with friendly local vibes and many places to explore. Swansea offers a fun night out with cool alternative bars in Uplands and The Marina.”