Love marketing? Love adventure? Love to travel? Have a look at this cool opportunity with the Big Blue team!
About the company
Big Blue Adventures was established in 2016 in sunny Wales by Welsh – Dutch couple Daniel & Heleen. Born with a love for reconnecting people away from the daily grind, injecting some good vibes into life through exploring the outdoors and enjoying watersports and adventure.
We achieve this by being specialists in private group adventure travel, delivering tailor-made, hosted getaways currently across Wales and Portugal, with Croatia and Dorset on the horizon in 2023. Our niche group areas include a big focus on company offsites and natural team bonding through outdoor activities, as well as adventurous stag and hen dos, and other private groups such as film crews, sports teams and kids camps.
Group travel can be chaotic, but we have our client’s backs. Big Blue is that friendly face and go-to amigo in the middle of it all. We operate by working closely with our regular and awesome suppliers to deliver the activities, transfers, exploring, accommodation, meals, conferences – you name it (we just don’t include their flights!). It’s a fun place to work with a small close team, and we really love what we do! Maybe that’s why after 6 years of trading we only have 5* reviews and have won multiple awards. Sound good? Keep reading….
About your future role
As Big Blue continues to enjoy strong growth post pandemic, we need a like-minded marketing professional to join our small family. Your main mission – help us share our story! We need that creative spark to bring our brand to life.
You’ll mainly support us by working your creative marketing magic during your day-to-day tasks, but as we are a small crew and due to the nature of our travel work, you will also support the team with the delivery of our fun group trips with a mix of events focused tasks; planning, hosting, participating in outdoor activities and helping to coordinate the itinerary.
It is a fast-paced environment with an all hands-on deck approach for our busier high seasons with lots of weekend work and longer days when the work is on, and slower low-season downtimes. So, it’s very important that you aren’t a person who requires that permanent Monday to Friday 9 – 5 pattern. You must be excited by the opportunity to travel and enjoy adventure as part of your job! Essentially, we need an outdoorsy marketing and events guru who is equally happy getting their heads down in the office, as well as being stoked to bring the good vibes at our events & group adventures.
Job Type & Benefits:
- Based in south Wales or Lisbon
- 60% marketing and 40% events (on average)
- Will include regular travel within our destinations
- Hybrid mix of WFH and working at our office in Cardiff or co-working in Lisbon region
- Full time permanent (mix of 9-5 Monday to Friday weeks, as well as busier high seasons with weekend and bank holiday work)
- Salary £24,000 > £28,000 (negotiable depending on experience)
- 30 days paid holiday a year
- Casual dress
- Company events & socials
- Training courses on offer and we promote personal development
- Enjoy working in a supportive and friendly team environment
- Free car-parking and a small gym at the office (Cardiff)
- Enhanced healthcare with private medical insurance and BUPA wellness (UK)
- Sick pay (7 days)
- Travel insurance
Start date: ASAP!
- Planning and managing marketing campaigns. While working closely with the founder, you’ll help bring new ideas to the table and manage new marketing campaigns in the fields of PR, and both digital and offline marketing
- Managing our social media accounts with the creation of regular fresh and engaging posts, sharing content from our trips (stories, photos & videos) and delivering new strategic social campaigns. We are currently active on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
- Working closely with our videographers to create and share regular new content and campaigns, as well as updating our annual promotional content
- You will both write and oversee the creation of monthly blog articles to share on our website and social media accounts (will involve working with 3rd parties)
- Creating new content for PPC as well as social media ads and other online advertising campaigns. Working with our supporting agency in these areas (training also available for the right candidate)
- Updating our WordPress website through the use of Divi content management
- Creating design artwork and overseeing the printing of new merchandise for Big Blue and our clients. Working with a 3rd party for certain campaigns, and some in-house designs for the more straight forward stuff (Adobe training available)
- Ensuring we stay up to date with our SEO rankings and working with the founders and supporting 3rd party agencies creating fresh content accordingly
- Covering our group adventures and events with a mix of live social media stories and posts
- Helping us launch new destinations and find creative ways to promote our current offers
- Support the team with events work, including preparing for our groups and help hosting across our locations (this means joining in with the outdoor activities and other fun bits!)
The ideal candidate must have:
- At least 2 years of industry experience in a similar marketing role
- Events management / coordinating experience (or tour operating with good project management and planning skills)
- A degree (or similar) within the field of marketing
- Clean driving licence and use of a car (for getting to our destinations!)
- Experience with a good understanding of using social media in a professional capacity (Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook)
- Content writing experience with excellent written and verbal English skills
- Experience of using Adobe Design Suite and other design software such as Canva (InDesign and Photoshop) as you will need to use these type of programmes for content creation, ads and print
- Experience of working with WordPress websites and using content creation and website management software such as Divi
- Marketing campaign and project management
- An ideas’ person with high levels of creativity, energy and initiative!
- Physically fit and can swim (due to the nature of our work and locations)
- An adventurous person who loves to explore, travel and enjoy the outdoors
- Outgoing with excellent communication skills, social and a natural team player
- Office ready with good core I.T and professional skills
- A person with an eye for detail and someone who can work independently with initiative
- Fluent or native in English, plus at least a good working proficiency in Portuguese if based in Lisbon
- Video creation or editing
- Work experience in the adventure activity and / or travel industry
- SEO knowledge and experience
- PPC experience and understanding of Google Ads in particular
- Working with printers (creating print ready designs and printing merch or swag items for marketing campaigns / events)
- Marketing / ad budget management
So, what are you waiting for? Your new career adventure is waiting for you. Apply today!
Send the co-owners a CV with a cover letter to [email protected]. Good luck!