Job Type: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Freelance
Contract length: 9 months / TBC
Part-time or full time hours
Salary: £10.00+ per hour or annual salary (depends on the candidate)
We are always on the lookout for new events and adventure travel hosts who tick the niche boxes of what we need at Big Blue Adventures! Essentially, we need outgoing people who love to travel, explore, and enjoy outdoor activities, but also have a good eye for details and strong organisational skills. Customer service is also in our DNA – so you be must naturally driven to deliver the best of the best in customer service.
Who we are and why we need you!
Big Blue Adventures was established in 2016 in sunny Wales by Welsh – Dutch couple Daniel & Heleen. Born with a love for reconnecting people away from the daily grind, injecting some good vibes into life through exploring the outdoors and enjoying watersports and adventure.
We achieve this by being specialists in private group adventure travel, delivering tailor-made, hosted getaways currently across Wales and Portugal, with Croatia and Dorset on the horizon in 2023. Our niche group areas include a big focus on company offsites and natural team bonding through outdoor activities, as well as adventurous stag and hen dos, and other private groups such as film crews, sports teams and kids camps.
Group travel can be chaotic, but we have our client’s backs. Big Blue is that friendly face and go-to amigo in the middle of it all. We operate by working closely with our regular and awesome suppliers to deliver the activities, transfers, exploring, accommodation, meals, conferences – you name it (we just don’t include their flights!). It’s a fun place to work with a small, close team, and we really love what we do! Maybe that’s why after 6 years of trading we only have 5* reviews and have won multiple awards.
Sound good? Keep reading….
Group Travel Hosting and Event Delivery:
- Managing the itinerary as the travel host and event coordinator, either as a team or individually on your own, depending on the group size (your role will involve moments of both assisting and leading)
- Working with our suppliers and joining in with the outdoor activities, take groups exploring & sightseeing, taking guests for drinks, lunch and dinners, welcoming guests at arrivals, checking them in at accommodation etc
- Overseeing the smooth delivery of co-working, staff parties and conferences as part of our corporate retreats
- Using camera equipment (such as GoPro’s) to capture the trip’s memories in both video and photo (training provided)
- Using our social media channels to share updates while on trips; story’s and posts via Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Problem-solving and delivering a 5* customer service
- May involve office based planning and communication tasks (depending on the candidate and type of role).
- Experience working in either tourism, events, or the outdoor industry
- Good customer service and people skills
- Degree educated, or has gained relevant life and work experience to transfer into the role
- Organised and a natural multi-tasker
- Self-motivated and target driven
- Outgoing social person, likes being in a team but also good at working independently
- A person who enjoys the outdoors, watersports and travel
- You will need to be physically able to participate in our beginner-friendly adventures and be confident in the water (such as canyoning, coasteering, surfing, paddleboarding, mountain-biking, hiking, etc)
- A foreign language would be very desirable, in particular Portuguese, but other desirable languages would include German, Italian, Spanish and French
- Creative mindset with an interest or experience in capturing photos and videos
- Previous experience of using social media in a professional environment, a bonus
- Must have a car (or unlimited access to a vehicle) and a full driving licence
- Must have a passport
- Happy to be on the road a lot, staying overnight, involves mainly weekend work with some weekday trips
- Professional computer and office skills with previous experience in an office environment (Bonus – depending on the type of role and person)
- Thursday afternoon /Friday morning in Cardiff – pick up kit & organise meal & drink packages for the group
- Friday morning – drive to your destination, such as The Gower Peninsula or Snowdonia
- Welcome the group into their accommodation (from hotels to private lodges)
- Stay overnight nearby, anything from a nice campsite, Airbnb to a hotel
- Saturday morning, organise the private bus to pick up the group from their accommodation & drive with them to activity location
- Join in with activities like Coasteering or Surfing (your main role during the activities is giving some good vibes and capturing the moments with the GoPro!)
- Organise drinks and lunch for the group afterwards
- Make sure bus driver drops group off at their accommodation
- Drive home or stay overnight if destination is far from home address or if there is another day of adventure tomorrow
- Go through the camera footage from the activities and upload into DropBox and post the best pics onto our social media channel
- Drop off the Big Blue kit into storage and look forward to the next adventure
Note: Will also have the opportunity to help us with larger groups in Portugal and Croatia.
We’re looking for a professional, experienced, outgoing, outdoorsy and hard-working individual to join our team during our high-season between March-November.
Driving Licence (required)
You’ll need to be fully vaccinated to be considered for this job role.
How to Apply
Send an email to the owners on [email protected] with your CV and cover letter.
Thanks and good luck!